Business News Gigs & Festivals Labels & Publishers Live Business

Route 91 Harvest attack “beyond comprehension”, says Live Nation

By | Published on Tuesday 3 October 2017

Route 91 Harvest

The organisers of the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas, and its promoter Live Nation, yesterday issued statements, following the attack there this weekend that left 59 people dead and 527 injured.

Route 91’s organisers said: “On behalf of the entire Route 91 Harvest Family, we are completely devastated by the event that occurred Sunday night. Our deepest sympathies go out to the injured and the deceased and their loved ones, senseless violence has claimed the souls of our fans and we have little in the way of answers”.

“While we will try and move forward, we will never forget this day”, the statement concludes. “We will not let hate win over love. We will not be defeated by senseless violence. We will persevere, and honour the souls that were lost. Because it matters”.

Live Nation meanwhile said: “We are heartbroken over the tragedy that took place at the Route 91 Harvest festival. To think that anyone would want to inflict harm on a gathering of music lovers is beyond our comprehension. And while we are stunned and grieving over this incomprehensible act of violence, we know that this is a moment when we must come together to prevent more tragedies like this from occurring”.

It added: “Live Nation will do everything in our power to support the victims and their families through the aftermath of this horrendous event and extends our deepest gratitude to the heroic first responders who helped save as many lives as possible. To our Live Nation on-site employees, we cannot thank you enough for your bravery and perseverance over the past 24 hours and will ensure you have the resources and support necessary to heal from this”.

As previously reported, the shooting began as the festival’s final night headliner Jason Aldean began his performance. He previously described the event as “beyond horrific”. In a statement yesterday, BMG, which acquired Aldean’s record label Broken Bow Records, in January, confirmed that Aldean, his band and crew, and two BMG employees were unharmed.

BMG CEO Hartwig Masuch said: “We are horrified by the events in Las Vegas overnight and relieved to report that all of our people have escaped uninjured. Too many others were not so fortunate. We send our condolences and best wishes to all of those affected by this dreadful act”.

Broken Bow EVP Jon Loba added: “While our artists and staff are safe, our hearts are broken for those listeners in our extended family who just wanted to share a night of great music and the camaraderie that is the hallmark of country music”.

A reception in London last night to launch Country Music Week, featuring various BMG artists, went ahead as planned, Masuch saying: “Faced with such horrific events, it is only human to consider cancelling, but everyone involved was unanimous in their determination to carry on. The spirit of music is the spirit of life and it will not be intimidated”.



READ MORE ABOUT: | | | |

GET CMU NEWS BY EMAIL DAILY FIND OUT ABOUT UPCOMING CMU EVENTS