Rick Ross pleads no contest to kidnapping charges
By Andy Malt | Published on Wednesday 5 April 2017
Rapper Rick Ross has been given probation after pleading no contest to kidnapping and assault charges.
As previously reported, Ross and his bodyguard Nadrian James were accused of attacking two of his employees – Jonathan Zamudio and Leo Caceres – at his home in Atlanta, Georgia in 2015. The incident apparently occurred after Zamudio and Caceres held a party at the house without Ross’s permission.
The rapper attempted to employ various tactics to have the case dismissed, the last immediately before entering his plea. When that failed, both he and James pleaded no contest to the charges against them. Ross also pleaded no contest to marijuana possession charges.
Both men were given five years’ probation, in which time they are not allowed to contact Zamudio and Caceres. They are also barred from using drugs or alcohol, and will have to attend anger management classes.
“The resolution to the case was reached after discussion with the prosecution team, victims and law enforcement”, said Fayette County District Attorney Benjamin D Coker, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “It was the best resolution to the case considering the facts and circumstances at hand”.
Outside the court, Ross said that he respects and appreciates the ruling.