One Liners: Ticketmaster, Kendrick Lamar, Paloma Faith, more
By Andy Malt | Published on Wednesday 12 April 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Glassnote Records has signed Ider to its roster. “We are very happy, proud and excited”, Glassnote UK MD Liz Goodwin tells Music Week. “We are proud”, disagrees founder Daniel Glassnote.
• Former Head of Film & Television at Universal Music Publishing Becca Gatrell is launching a new company, Wow & Flutter. It will provide a flutter of publishing, sync and music supervision services. Wow!
• CD Baby is continuing its expansion into South America, hiring Martín Liviciche to rep the company in Argentina. “We are already one of the largest distributors in Latin America”, says CD Baby’s Manager Of Global Marketing Tracey Gill Miller. So that’s nice.
• Ticketmaster UK has made three new hires for its sales team. Bonita McKinney is promoted from a client services role, Holly Watson joins from TicketZone, and Jason Boardman moves over from Ticketmaster’s TicketWeb division.
• Kendrick Lamar’s new album is called ‘Damn’. It has really terrible artwork.
• Tinie Tempah has released the video for ‘Shadows’, featuring Bipolar Sunshine.
• Girlpool have released new single ‘It Gets More Blue’. Their new album, ‘Powerplant’, is out on 12 May.
• Dengue Fever have released a video for ‘One Thousand Tears Of A Tarantula’ from their 2005 album ‘Escape From Dragon House’. Why? Because they’ve just acquired the rights in their first two albums and they’re reissuing them next month. That’s why. Happy now?
• SaraSara has released the video for ‘Sun’ from her 2016 album ‘Amor Fati’.
• Paloma Faith will headline the Caudwell Children charity’s Butterfly Ball on 25 May. Fleur East will also perform, and Peter Andre will host the whole thing. More info here.
• Goat will play Brixton Academy on 29 Jul, joined by The Moonlandingz and Jane Weaver. Tickets on sale on Thursday.