Artist News Business News Digital Gigs & Festivals Labels & Publishers Marketing & PR One Liners Releases
One Liners: MelodyVR, Clean Bandit, TLC, more
By Andy Malt | Published on Monday 20 March 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• MelodyVR and Universal Music are teaming up to create VR experiences with artists on the major’s roster. “Given the depth of engagement possible with VR, many of our artists are interested in producing more of this content and we have a robust pipeline of projects coming soon”, says UMG’s EVP Digital Strategy Michael Nash. Gotta love a robust pipeline.
• Bucks Music Group has announced a partnership with new music services company Monokrome. “We are delighted”, says Monokrome’s Kristian Davis-Downs. “We’re delighted”, nods Bucks MD Simon Platz.
• CD Baby has now integrated marketing platform Show.co, which it acquired last year, into its artist dashboard, offering online marketing tools to all of its users for free. “More than 6000 labels and artists have already used Show.co’s services, so we know it works”, says CD Baby marketing bod Kevin Breuner.
• Clean Bandit have released new single ‘Symphony’, featuring Zara Larsson.
• Feist has released the first single from her new album ‘Pleasure’. It is also called ‘Pleasure’.
• Babymetal have released the trailer for their new live film, ‘Live At Tokyo Dome’, which is out next month.
• Ed Sheeran’s going to headline Glastonbury. In fact, I think he’s going to take up nine of the ten top slots on the bill.
• TLC have announced that they will play their first ever UK show. They will play Koko in London on 9 May. Tickets go on sale this Friday.