Artist News Business News Education & Events Gigs & Festivals Industry People Labels & Publishers Media One Liners Releases
One Liners: LGM Records, Sony/ATV, The Guardian, more
By Andy Malt and Chris Cooke | Published on Tuesday 28 March 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• A company that provides accountancy services for the creative industries, LimeGreen, has launched its own record company, LGM Records, which is promising to push boundaries when it comes to transparency and royalty reporting. The new label will be led by Goldheart Assembly’s James Dale with support from former Epic A&R and one time EMFer Ian Dench. Kobalt’s AWAL will provide distribution.
• Sony/ATV in the US has appointed Ian Holder as VP Creative, who joins the publisher from collecting society BMI. “Top shelf”, he says. And don’t worry, that wouldn’t make any more sense if I gave you the full quote.
• Magnus Ribbeklint is the new VP, Marketing for Warner Music Nordics, taking over from Mark Fry who is now too busy being MD of Warner Music Finland to be VPing any marketing. Though Ribbeklint will do his new job as well as being GM of Warner Music Sweden. Why is GMing Warner Music Sweden so easy that you can do some VPing of marketing on the side, that’s what I want to know.
• The Guardian has axed Paul Lester’s popular New Band Of The Week (née Day) column – read the last one from yesterday here.
• Bristol Women In Music hosts a new music conference this Thursday at the city’s Colston Hall which “aims to challenge and inspire individuals working across all aspects of the vibrant musical landscape of Bristol and beyond”. It’s called Sound Industry and you’ll find full information here.
• Maximo Park have released new single, ‘Get High (No I Don’t)’. “The song is about resistance in the face of repetition and coercion”, says frontman Paul Smith.
• Spoek Mathambo has released ‘Black Rose’, taken from his forthcoming new album ‘Mzansi Beat Code’.
• Prophets Of Rage are going to play Brixton Academy on 13 Jun. Tickets on sale on Friday.