Artist News Business News Gigs & Festivals Industry People Labels & Publishers Live Business Management & Funding One Liners Releases
One Liners: Kobalt, Nicki Minaj, Lana Del Rey, more
By Andy Malt | Published on Thursday 20 April 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Kobalt has hired former Three Six Zero General Manager and General Counsel Arif Mahmud to lead business affairs for the company’s music recordings division outside the US. “I had always been envious”, says Mahmud. Kobalt’s Paul Hitchman adds: “We have a lot of great things”.
• US agent David Klein has left CAA for UTA, it has been announced. “Dave has many amazing qualities”, says UTA CEO Jeremy Zimmer. “I am THRILLED”, adds Klein.
• The PRS Foundation and BASCA Trust have announced a new programme of grants of up to £10,000 for songwriters and writer-producers: The Writer Producer Fund. “Talented music creators who work behind the scenes rather than on stage and in the limelight tend to be overlooked when it comes to funding”, says PRS Foundation CEO Vanessa Reed. “Our new initiative responds to that gap”.
• Nicki Minaj has released a video for her recent Drake and Lil Wayne featuring single, ‘No Frauds’.
• Lana Del Rey has released ‘Lust For Life’, featuring The Weeknd. Listen, if you want.
• Omar Souleyman will release his new album, ‘To Syria, With Love’, on 2 Jun.
• Vessels have released new single ‘Radiart’, the first track from their upcoming new album. They’ve also announced that they’ll headline Village Underground on 4 Oct. Get tickets, they’re great.