Business News Media

Neil Fox won’t return to Magic breakfast

By | Published on Thursday 14 January 2016

Neil Fox

Bauer Media’s Magic has confirmed that Neil Fox will not be returning to the station’s breakfast show, despite him being cleared of ten sexual offence charges last month.

Fox was one of Magic’s highest profile presenters, but went off air at the end of September 2014, shortly before being arrested at the radio station’s London studios. The initial police investigation was based on allegations made by two women, though others subsequently came forward as well. Fox was later accused of various offences of indecent assault and sexual touching, ultimately facing ten specific charges in court.

The broadcaster didn’t come out of the trial particularly well, he himself attempting to justify bending a female colleague over a desk and simulating sex as mere “physical banter”. But nevertheless, magistrates acquitted Fox on all charges, saying that they could not be certain some incidents occurred exactly as described by witnesses, or that other alleged events constituted a criminal offence, whether indecent assault or sexual touching.

After the trial, Fox said that he had been “vindicated” and that he couldn’t wait “to be broadcasting again”, though Bauer was non-committal about his future with its station. Now a spokesman for the media firm has told Radio Today: “Neil Fox’s contract has expired and he will not be returning to the Magic breakfast show”.

Former drive time host Nick Snaith was shifted into breakfast a few weeks after Fox stood down in 2014, technically on an interim basis, but presumably now permanently.



READ MORE ABOUT: | |

SIGN UP GO PREMIUM CMU NEWS CMU DAILY CMU DIGEST CMU TRENDS SETLIST