Job ad: UEA Students Union – Head of Venues & Licensed Trade (Norwich)
By CMU Advertising | Published on Monday 6 February 2017
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced operations manager to manage our £5 million turnover live music and student club venues.
You must be business minded, have a thorough grip of the numbers, and be able to manage and motivate a team of dedicated career staff. You will also be working alongside a great team of student staff, sharing their values in delivering great, safe nights out.
We run the largest music venue in the East of England, the LCR, alongside Norwich’s iconic alternative venue, The Waterfront. In our team we also manage three bars, focused on delivering quality products and events at great prices to our 14,000 members.
Primary responsibilities include:
• To understand and manage venue operations in accordance with the union’s strategic priorities and balanced purposes
• To take overall responsibility for the programming and delivery of events in union premises
• To coordinate the collation and reporting of all venues function revenues and cost centres in a regular and timely manner
• To act as a Licensee and Designated Premises Supervisor to the venue to ensure adequate management of events within union venues
• To coordinate the recruitment, selection, induction and probation of all staff
• Support and develop colleagues to deliver the strategic priorities through effective line management, appraisals, and performance management methods in line with union policies and procedures
• Facilitate, share and implement good and innovative practice with colleagues in the area of student engagement
uea|su is a committed equal opportunities employer. This role also comes with generous holiday allowance (44 days including bank holidays), competitive pension schemes and staff perks.
Salary: £32k-£35k per annum
To receive the application form and complete job description, please send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org