Job ad: Kobalt Music Group – Director of Client Services & Release Management (London)
By CMU Advertising | Published on Friday 7 April 2017
Kobalt Music Recordings is looking for a friendly, dynamic and experienced music industry professional to work closely with the International Marketing teams in London, NY and LA, KMR’s artist community and the London-based Digital Operations/Supply Chain teams to ensure accurate and timely build of all release products for digital and physical distribution.
Heading up a team of 3 and reporting to the SVP, Recordings Supply Chain & Client Services you will work closely with external key partners as well as internal teams across the business being responsible for all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure all Kobalt Music Recordings products meet release date.
You may be working for a label with experience in music label supply chain and release management processes as well as strong working knowledge of music metadata and asset management for release creation. Most important is that you have ability to manage a young developing team in a fast-paced environment, great interpersonal skills, a meticulous attention to detail and a passion for music and Kobalt!
Kobalt Music Recordings (KMR) is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters.
KMR incorporates our digital services platform, AWAL, that works with more than 6,000 clients.
Our roster of clients includes artists such as Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, De La Soul, Die Antwoord, David Gray, Placebo and Pet Shop Boys, and labels including Marathon Artists, Cult Records, Independiente, Mau5trap and Chrysalis.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
Working with Clients, Client Management and Product Management/Marketing teams
• Help onboarding client providing them with Client Info pack, training on our Portal, full specs for metadata and asset requirements and all relevant KMR/AWAL policy info
• Ensure Client pack updated in line with chanign style-guides/requirements for digital services and physical product delivery as required
• Map out product build actions based on the right types within each artist agreement across synch, video tier rights, performance and broadcast, monetisation policies, physical distribution where relevant
• Overseeing delivery of assets and metadata for all digital and physical releases into team and ensuring product builds are accurate and ready for delivery into Digital • Operations/ Supply chain
• Work with Dealmakers, Product Managers and Operations team on onboarding new Catalogue acquisitions, ensuring all pre- and post- deal deliverables are effectively communicated and delivered
• Ongoing work with SVP Supply Chain to upkeep and communicate Catalogue onboarding documents internally and externally as required
Digital Release Management
• Managing Release Management team’s output across all areas of new product builds, ensuring accurate metadata and asset set up for digital deliveries before sending to • Ops/Supply Chain
• Ensure excellent and timely communication of asset and data requirements to artists, product managers and client managers
• Working with global teams on product build timeframes that ensure pitching timeframes for Digital Accounts and delivery timeframes to DSPs are met
Release Schedule maintenance
• Oversee smooth-running of release schedule of all digital and physical releases for International Product teams, providing schedule in timely fashion for all weekly Scheduling/Production meetings
Physical Release Management
• Where required, setting up the Production meeting with broker / PM / Client to work out formats for release, supporting Release Manager as required
• Lead weekly Production meetings with UK & US team
• Oversee work of Release Management team, to ensure efficient and effective dealings with 3rd party distribution, license and broker partners
Metadata support: Performance and Broadcast/Synch
• Work with internal teams and Product Development team to develop business-wide metadata templates, tools and system to ensure smooth capture and communication of all metadata needs across Recordings/Neighbouring Rights and Synch teams
• Overseeing the addition of all recordings and label copy with P&B rights to database we hold with Neighbouring Rights team and overseeing products registered at PPL once KNRL registered recordings including all official videos at VPL
• Ensuring all relevant data for NR and 3rd party societies is effectively captured and data flows to societies are effected regularly and accurately
What skills and experience are we looking for?
• Experienced music industry professional, ideally 3+ years experience at a major or indie label environment
• Solid experience working with music label supply chain and release management processes
• Strong working knowledge of music metadata and asset management for release creation
• Ability to manage a young developing team in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organisation
• Great interpersonal skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to juggle own workload whilst providing strong support to the team and colleagues
• Friendly, dynamic and great sense of humour
How to apply