Job ad: !K7 Music – International Sales & Marketing Manager (Berlin)
By CMU Advertising | Published on Thursday 6 April 2017
!K7 Music is looking for an experienced sales and marketing professional to help direct, implement and manage robust sales and marketing campaigns across multiple artist and label projects for both our in-house and partner labels.
Place of employment: Berlin
UK and non-Berlin based applicants that may be interested in relocating for the role are very welcome.
Candidates will need to be very familiar with the digital and physical retail sales and marketing landscape and all the components and drivers of successful global sales and marketing campaigns, including retail visibility, the social and digital landscape, online and print media, radio and TV, all forms of advertising, and performance metrics.
You will work closely with the marketing and sales teams, Label Managers and the digital department to deliver successful campaigns across a range of of projects to deliver in line with company targets.
Necessary skills and experience
• At least two years’ relevant music industry experience
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the digital, streaming and physical retail and marketing landscape globally
• Recognition of the drivers to deliver successful global sales campaigns for artists and labels
• Experience in devising and implementing budgets for release campaigns
• A genuine passion for music and the industry that drives it
• Interfacing with internal team members in marketing, label management, sales and digital, as well as with artist managers and external team members such as press agents and distribution partners
• Project management of priority in house releases in partnership with label managers
• Management of digital team and liaison with digital retail platforms to ensure the successful positioning of releases globally
• Overseeing of strategy, initiatives and development for label, artist and management clients – both in-house and for priority Label Services releases
• Creative approaches to campaigns for both new releases and catalogue
• Understanding and analysis of performance metrics across all sales results and marketing techniques globally
• Maintaining budgets for release campaigns and more broadly across the company
Founded in Berlin in 1985 by Horst Weidenmuller, !K7 is a multi-faceted music services and label group with offices in London, New York and Berlin, and partners across the globe. The !K7 label group includes in-house labels !K7 and it’s flagship DJ-Kicks series, the award-winning Strut Records and forward thinking electronic AUS label plus a collective of like-minded independent partners which benefit from !K7’s firmly established global services, marketing and distribution network.
!K7 currently offers label services, marketing, sales and distribution to label partners including BBE, Crosstown Rebels, Luaka Bop, R&S, Rush Hour, Sonar Kollektiv and more as well as artist-lead labels for Tricky, Fat Freddys Drop, The Pop Group and Mykki Blanco. In 2011, !K7 created a management division which currently looks after the interests of Tricky and Mykki Blanco.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Monday 24 Apr