Job ad: Blokur – Manager, Business Development & Strategy (London)
By CMU Advertising | Published on Monday 10 April 2017
Blokur is a funded startup applying blockchain technology to the challenges of IP rights and licensing. We are currently working with several major clients in the music sector, including music publishers and streaming services.
Our team has deep expertise across tech, music and business, whether it be touring the world as an artist, building data solutions for Universal Music, consulting for Radiohead’s management on Thom Yorke’s BitTorrent record, or creating Ujo, the first blockchain music platform.
We are looking for a Manager, Business Development & Strategy to help us become the number one blockchain solution for the creative industries. You will work closely with the CEO and CTO to formulate strategy and then go out and present our product to partners and customers. We are small team, so this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help define the strategy and culture of an exciting, fast-paced startup.
• Collaborate with the CEO and CTO to formulate go-to-market and sales strategy (10%)
• Sign up and manage a pipeline of pilot participants and future customers (50%)
• Provide input into website, social media & other marketing content (10%)
• Conduct market and industry analysis to identify new opportunities to monetise our technology (10%)
• Champion customer needs and feedback in the product development process (10%)
• Represent the company at conferences and industry events (10%)
• 3-6 years’ experience at a relevant music, media or media-related technology company
• 3+ years’ experience in a sales or business development role
• Good understanding of the issues and business processes surrounding creative rights and licensing
• Strong network of senior contacts in the music industry, including music publishers, record companies, artist managers and digital services
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of putting together and presenting compelling, persuasive pitches
• Team player who is willing to get stuck in wherever necessary for the good of the team.
• Experience working in a fast-paced start-up or an entrepreneurial project team
• Understanding and of and enthusiasm for the potential of blockchain technology
• Competitive salary
• Share options
How to apply