Louis Tomlinson will probably not face charges over LAX incident at all
By Andy Malt | Published on Thursday 13 April 2017
Well, that was a quick turnaround. No sooner had we reported that Louis Tomlinson might have to wait until 2018 to find out if he would be charged in relation to a recent altercation at LAX, prosecutors decided, fuck it, let the boy go. Well, probably anyway.
As previously reported, the One Direction singer was involved in a tussle with a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport last month. He then broke off from that to run to the aid of his girlfriend Eleanor Calder, who had become involved in an altercation with two 1D fans. Security broke it all up, an arrest was made, and Tomlinson found himself out on $20,000 bail.
After a hearing at the end of last month was delayed, a spokesperson for the LA City Attorney’s Office said earlier this week that the case was “still under review”. They also noted that the prosecutor had a whole year to decide whether to bring charges or not. But now, it turns out, they probably won’t.
In a new statement, a spokesperson for the attorney’s office said: “Each of the parties will be interviewed regarding the incident and advised of the law and ways to avoid similar incidences in the future. Typically there is no further action taken by our office after the hearing. We do reserve the right to file charges up to one year from the date of the original incident should additional information or future actions require additional measures”.
So, it looks like Louis got away with it. Whatever it was.