CMU’s One Liners: Lorde, Coldplay, Vevo, more
By Andy Malt | Published on Friday 3 March 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Vevo has nabbed Pandora’s Will Jackson as it’s new SVP Strategy & Operations. He’s going to strategise the shit out of it. “I’m THRILLED”, says Vevo CEO Erik Huggers.
• Viacom has made Bruce Gillmer the new Head Of Music And Music Talent for its Global Entertainment Group (not to be confused with the Global Entertainment Group). He will also continue to be EVP Music, Talent Programming And Events at MTV. “I couldn’t be more excited”, says Gillmer. “I’m THRILLED”, says Viacom CEO Bob Bakish.
• Emeli Sandé has signed a new deal with booking agency WME. She was previously with Coda.
• Lorde has finally released a new single. It’s called ‘Green Light’. You can dance to it. Here it is.
• Coldplay have announced that they will release a new EP, ‘Kaleidoscope”, on 2 Jun. Here’s a song off it, ‘Hypnotised’.
• Swet Shop Boys are back with a new video for ‘Aaja’.
• Off Bloom have released new single ‘Falcon Eye’.
• Jakuzi have released new single ‘Bir Düşmanım Var’.