Artist News Media

Gene Simmons denies doing anything to warrant Fox News ban

By | Published on Wednesday 13 December 2017

Gene Simmons

Gene Simmons has denied doing anything to warrant being banned from appearing on Fox News. Despite being banned from appearing on Fox News.

As previously reported, a source recently told The Daily Beast that Simmons had barged into a meeting at Fox after appearing on Fox Business’s ‘Mornings With Maria’ programme to promote his new book. It was claimed that he shouted “hey chicks, sue me”, and then tore open his shirt, before making jokes about Michael Jackson and paedophilia, and hitting two people on the head with his book.

Simmons subsequently said that the report was “highly exaggerated and misleading” but that he was “sincerely sorry that I unintentionally offended members of the Fox team during my visit”.

Now, speaking to BBC News’s ‘Hardtalk’ show, he denied that he did anything at all, saying: “Somebody there apparently had the goods in for me and called something called The Daily Beast or something and said whatever they said I did. I did nothing. I always had people around me. Like when I come here, I’ve got handlers and everybody sees what I’m doing. You can’t go into a public area and do anything”.

He added that Fox had “closed ranks” because the broadcaster is “afraid of getting sued by everybody”.

As for questions about further allegations of sexual misconduct made against the Kiss man in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal, he said: “All of a sudden, 44 years on in a rock band, somebody’s coming up and saying, ‘This guy is a bad guy’. It’s not true. I think the climate is horrifically bad and yet at the same time empowering to the right women. There are some really bad guys out there, I just happen not to be one of them”.



READ MORE ABOUT:

SIGN UP GO PREMIUM CMU NEWS CMU DAILY CMU DIGEST CMU TRENDS SETLIST