Decision on charging Louis Tomlinson over LAX incident delayed
By Andy Malt | Published on Wednesday 12 April 2017
Louis Tomlinson may have to wait until next year to find out if he will face charges over an altercation with a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport last month.
As previously reported, the One Direction member was released on $20,000 bail at the beginning of March after being arrested following an incident involving the photographer and two fans.
While Tomlinson was involved in a tussle with the paparazzo, his girlfriend Eleanor Calder got involved in a separate scuffle with two 1D fans. Tomlinson intervened there too – exasperatedly shouting “what the hell is happening?!” This was eventually broken up by airport security, and Tomlinson was subsequently placed under citizens arrest (which is apparently a thing that actually happens), amid reports that both the photographer and one of the fans required medical treatment.
A legal rep for the singer said that he was merely trying to protect his girlfriend, which a video of the incident seems to corroborate. However, a hearing on 29 Mar to consider charges against the singer was postponed, and now prosecutors have said that it may take much longer for the case to be resolved.
In a statement, a spokesperson for the LA City Attorney’s Office said: “No decision has yet been reached in that matter. It is still under review. Our office has up to one year to file charges from the original incident”.