CMU’s One Liners: Waxploitation, Amazon, Future
By Andy Malt and Chris Cooke | Published on Wednesday 15 February 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• BMG has signed a deal with “influential music tastemaker” Waxploitation Records to manage the US firm’s publishing rights worldwide. BMG’s Zach Katz is feeling “grateful”. While Waxploitation’s Jeff Antebi is feeling “ambitious”.
• Amazon is beefing up its music team, hiring former EMI A&R and Apple label relations guy Alex Luke in the US, and head-hunting BBC Introducing boss Jason Carter in the UK. It’s thought it could be part of efforts to boost curation and original programming on the retailer’s expanded streaming music platform.
• Future has announced that he will release a new studio album this Friday.
• Little Dragon are back with new single ‘High’.
• Japanese rock back The Gazette will release a documentary following them on their 2016 world tour on 24 Mar. Here’s the trailer.
• Rina Mushonga has released the video for her new single ‘Atalanta’.