Artist News Business News Industry People Labels & Publishers Live Business Media One Liners Releases
CMU’s One Liners: UK Music, INgrooves, Brooklyn Bowl, more
By Andy Malt and Chris Cooke | Published on Tuesday 10 January 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• UK Music has published the results of its previously reported music industry diversity survey. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it suggests ethnic diversity and the male/female ratio are pretty good at junior levels but less good higher up the hierarchy. So, the research reckons that women account for 54.5% of the under 35s working in the sector, but 32.7% of over 45s. UK Music plans to do the survey annually to track progress.
• Distribution and services firm INgrooves not only has a new EVP Of Insights & Analytics in the form of SK Sharma, but former Ticketmaster chief Sean Moriarty is also joining its board of directors. Says INgrooves CEO Bob Roback: “Our agile service team will define the next generation of data-driven strategies”. So, now you know.
• The Brooklyn Bowl venue under the O2 dome in Greenwich has been “closed until further notice”. Shows scheduled at the venue have been cancelled. Management at The O2 say that the closure is the result of wider building work under the big fat tent by the Thames, and that they hope the bowling-and-gigs venue can return at some point.
• The all-new Virgin Radio has a new Head Of Music in the form of Stephanie May, formerly of off Radio X. Programme Director Liam Thompson is “really looking forward” to his new music chief starting on 23 Jan.
• Jhene Aiko has released the video for new single ‘Maniac’.
• Anna Of The North has released the video for new single ‘Oslo’.
• Pins are releasing a new single called ‘Aggrophobe’ on 31 Jan, featuring that Iggy Pop. Here’s a teaser.
• Band-Maid have released another new track from their upcoming ‘Just Bring It’ album. Here’s ‘Don’t You Tell Me’.