CMU’s One Liners: Ed Sheeran, Linkin Park, The Shins
By Andy Malt and Chris Cooke | Published on Friday 17 February 2017
Other notable announcements and developments today…
• CMU Insights presented two sessions at the Output conference in Belfast yesterday. Those who attended can access the slides here, plus look out for highlights of the first session – on music media and PR – on the new CMU Podcast going live this weekend.
• Here’s a new song from Ed Sheeran’s new album, fresh out this morning, ‘How Would You Feel?’
• Linkin Park will release their seventh album, ‘One More Light’, on 19 May. It’s too late to stop it now. Here’s first single ‘Heavy’.
• The Shins have released a new single, ‘Mildenhall’. New album, ‘Heartworms’, is out on 10 Mar. You can catch them at the Hammersmith Apollo on 29 Mar too.
• Incubus are back with a new single, the first from their upcoming eighth album, called ‘Nimble Bastard’. No, really, that’s its actual title.
• Blanck Mass has released the video for recent single ‘Please’. He’ll be touring the UK in late April, including a show at the Rich Mix in London on 27 Apr.
• Pixx will release her debut album, ‘The Age Of Anxiety’, through 4AD on 2 Jun. Here’s new single, ‘I Bow Down’.
• Skott has released the video for new single, ‘Glitter & Gloss’. She’ll also play Village Underground in London on 13 Sep, so maybe go to that.
• Torgny is back with a new EP, ‘Cut & Run’, today. From it, this is ‘All The Scars’.
• The BRIT Awards will be live streamed on YouTube globally again. The broadcast will be presented by Casper Lee, who’s one of those YouTubers they have now.