CMU Podcast: YouTube, Avenged Sevenfold, The Smiths
By Andy Malt and Chris Cooke | Published on Friday 4 November 2016
CMU’s Andy Malt and Chris Cooke review key events in music and the music business from the last week, including GEMA’s licensing deal YouTube in Germany after a seven year stand off, Avenged Sevenfold’s potential legal problems if their new album is a success, and the narrowly averted Smiths reunion now being blocked by Nigel Farage. The CMU Podcast is sponsored by 7digital.
Subscribe to the CMU Podcast
Listen to the CMU Podcast and sign up to receive new episodes automatically each week through any of these services…
Stories discussed this week:
• Government pledges meeting to discuss tackling ticket tout bots
• Almost 25% of CDs on Amazon could be counterfeit
• Rob Hallett on how Brexit is affecting the live industry: “It’s very scary times”
• Yeah, Bono really has been named Woman Of The Year
• Shut up, Bob Dylan does want his Nobel Prize
Done listening to us talk? Listen to some music in our Spotify playlists.