CMU Podcast: Fabric, FanFair, Frank Ocean
By Andy Malt and Chris Cooke | Published on Friday 9 September 2016
CMU’s Andy Malt and Chris Cooke review key events in music and the music business from this summer, including the closure of Fabric, the launch of the FanFair campaign against secondary ticketing, and Frank Ocean’s two new albums and how they contributed to the debate over streaming exclusives. The CMU Podcast is sponsored by 7digital.
Subscribe to the CMU Podcast
Listen to the CMU Podcast and sign up to receive new episodes automatically each week through any of these services…
Stories discussed this week
• Music industry plans fight back as Department Of Justice confirms consent decree conclusion
• Alleged Kickass Torrents chief arrested in Poland, US begins extradition proceedings
• Creditors to take hit in Guvera settlement, as rumours emerge about streaming firm’s Indian operation
• 212 artists back Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams in Blurred Lines appeal
• Now Ed Sheeran’s being sued for ripping off a Marvin Gaye record
• Blind Melon song-theft case could test parameters of the cover version
Please subscribe, like and share after you’ve listened!