CMU Podcast: ATP, Red Essential, Tidal, Boyzlife
By Andy Malt and Chris Cooke | Published on Friday 4 March 2016
CMU’s Andy Malt and Chris Cooke review the week in music and the music business, including the confusion around whether or not ATP has been cancelled, Sony’s acquisition of Essential, Tidal’s mechanical rights lawsuit and the all important Boyzlife venture. The CMU Podcast is sponsored by 7digital.
Subscribe to the CMU Podcast
Listen to the CMU Podcast and sign up to receive new episodes automatically each week through any of these services…
Stories discussed this week
• ATP says payment to Pontins will confirm events going ahead
• Sony merges its label services division with Cooking Vinyl’s Essential
• Now Tidal is sued over US mechanical royalties
• Brian McFadden and Keith Duffy form ‘super’ group Boyzlife
What we didn’t have time to talk about
• Sony Music sues DIY radio platform owned by Universal Music’s parent company
• SFX cancels TomorrowWorld, wants lawsuit put on hold
• Barack and Michelle Obama to address SXSW
• Dave Grohl goes solo, Foo Fighters hire new vocalist
Please subscribe, like and share after you’ve listened!